Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be used while you take advantage of the services we offer. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
1. What personally identifiable information is collected and how it is used
2. What general information is collected and how it is used
3. With whom personally identifiable information is shared
4. User choices regarding collection and use of information
5. User access and ability to update information
6. Security measures used to protect personally identifiable information.
What personally identifiable information is collected and how it is used.
Ritz Realty of Detroit collects personally identifiable information from you in order to respond to your requests for our products and services. Depending on the services you request, this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, ZIP Code, email address, telephone number, a login name, password, whether you plan on buying, selling or both buying and selling property, information about the properties in which you are interested and your home search criteria. If you are seeking to buy or sell a property with another person, we will collect much of the same information about them as well.
You will be asked to provide personally identifiable information at various places in our web site, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Search for Homes — In order to help narrow your search for a new home, we collect information from you regarding the type of home you want, including, but not limited to: price range, number of rooms, square footage, and property type.
- Contact a Ritz Realty of Detroit Agent® — If you want to consult with an agent to discuss selling real estate, we collect your first and last name, your email address, your preferred telephone number, your preferred method of contact, and the metropolitan area in which the property you plan on selling is located. In order to better serve you, we may also collect the following, optional information, including the street address, city, state and ZIP Code of the property you plan on selling.
- Make An Offer — If you choose to proceed to this step, you will be engaged in a complete negotiation for the purchase of a new home. You will need to provide information regarding the property you wish to purchase, your telephone number, your offer amount, your down payment amount, when you would like to close, your loan officer's name, your lender's name and telephone number, whether you need to sell a property to complete the purchase and if so, the address of the property you need to sell, the listing broker of the property, the escrow number, the name of the escrow company and the closing date. The information you provide at this stage, after consultation with your Agent, will be incorporated into a purchase agreement to be presented to the seller of the property or their agent.
- Make An Appointment — If you proceed to this step, we will collect information in order to have an Agent contact you to discuss the selling of your home. The information we collect includes your first and last name, email address, telephone number, preferred method of contact, the metropolitan area in which the property you are selling is located, the street address, city, state and ZIP Code of the property you are selling, and various times that would be convenient for you to meet with a Agent.
- email — Throughout your use of the Ritz Realty of Detroit web site, you will communicate extensively with our Agents and other staff. We will use your email address and all of the information you submit in order to provide you with guidance, suggestions and service in your efforts to sell your existing home or in your search for a new home.
- Contact Us — We collect an email address in order to respond to your questions or suggestions.
- Off-line Discussions and Meetings — If you choose to interact with one of our Agents, we may collect information in the course of helping you buy or sell property. The purchase or sale of real estate is a complex transaction and requires a considerable amount of information.
What general information is collected and how it is used.
When you visit Ritz Realty of Detroit, our computer system, like most, will automatically log some basic information about you and your computer, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser software. We use this information for routine maintenance and to gather broad demographic information to help us decide how better to implement our web site.
With whom personally identifiable information is shared.
We recognize that the information we collect from you may, in itself, or when tied together with other information, identify you as a specific individual. Your account information and personal data is maintained by Ritz Realty of Detroit in order to fulfill our legal and regulatory requirements and to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested. As a general rule, Ritz Realty of Detroit will not disclose your personal information to any third party except with your permission or under special circumstances, as discussed below.
Ritz Realty of Detroit will disclose to interested parties information pertaining to the sale of a house listed in our database. This information will be posted on our web site and in the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for the purpose of marketing the home to the greatest number of potential buyers.
By requesting information or services from Ritz Realty of Detroit, you give Ritz Realty of Detroit permission to transfer your information, as necessary, to the appropriate parties, such as the title insurer, lender, appraiser, escrow or settlement provider or inspector you select, so that they can fulfill your request and provide you with the services you require. You information may also be transmitted to other parties in a transaction or their agent. Our Agents are employees of Ritz Realty of Detroit. All personally identifiable information you provide to Ritz Realty of Detroit will be made available to your Agent and other Ritz Realty of Detroit employees with a need for the information. Generally, your Agent will coordinate the disclosure of your information to third parties. This will be done in much the same way as traditional real estate agents share information with third parties. For example, your Agent may disclose your name and the address of the property you want to purchase to a building inspector when you request our assistance in arranging an inspection of the property. The various lending institutions, title companies and other service providers involved in your real estate transaction may each have their own privacy policies governing how they handle your personally identifiable information. However, Ritz Realty of Detroit accepts no responsibility or liability for third party privacy policies or the actions of any third party with respect to your personally identifiable information.
Ritz Realty of Detroit does conduct research on our users' demographics, interests and behavior based on the information provided by the user and from our server log files. This research is compiled and analyzed on both aggregated and individual basis. For example, we may review how many users are women, or the average price range of our users. Additionally, we may analyze the behavior of a particular user. Ritz Realty of Detroit may share aggregated data with our business affiliates or, if required by law, any government agency. However, we will not sell or lease personally identifying information to any third party.
If you came to our website through a link on another website ("Third-Party Website"), Ritz Realty of Detroit maybe required, as part of our agreement with that Third-Party Website, to provide them with either aggregated data or some personally identifying information.
User choices regarding collection and use of information.
You are free to not provide any of the information requested on the Ritz Realty of Detroit web site. However, certain information may be necessary or required by law in order for you to obtain some services provided by Ritz Realty of Detroit. Therefore, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to access certain Ritz Realty of Detroit services.
User access and ability to update information.
Security measures used to protect personally identifiable information.
We restrict access to the Ritz Realty of Detroit server and the personal information we store there by using a log-in process. When you enter the area of the web site, which is designed for account holders only, you are required to provide your selected Login Name and Password. Your password should never be shared with anyone. Ritz Realty of Detroit will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited telephone call or email.
Email is an important communication channel for our online customers. Email sent to our Agents, Buyers or Sellers are carefully routed to the intended party. Unfortunately, no email transmission over the Internet is guaranteed secure. While we strive to protect your information, Ritz Realty of Detroit cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us from our website, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our system. Finally, we store all data on our system in a password protected database system, which is protected by our corporate firewall.